Become Part of the Magnitude Team
Magnitude Capital is a dynamic multi-billion dollar alternative investment firm in midtown Manhattan. We are seeking a resourceful problem-solver to manage day-to-day responsibilities and drive strategic projects forward within our operations and accounting team. You will be in a unique seat, working across functions to execute financial operations and oversee initiatives to improve and build future accounting and operations processes.
What you will do:
- Maintain internal books and records for Magnitude’s funds of hedge funds and managed account platform
- Review the fund administrator’s monthly net asset value calculations by reconciling cash balances, investment positions, payables and receivables, and capital activity
- Monitor daily trading and margin reporting provided by the fund administrator, prime brokers, and trading counterparties
- Assist with various operations and treasury processes, including daily cash management and FX hedging
- Serve as a business analyst to identify and implement software system improvements and manage various automation projects to accommodate growing business complexities
- Prepare various weekly, monthly, and quarterly investor reports
- Respond to ad hoc investor data requests and day-to-day investor inquiries
- Assist with preparing fund audited financial statements and annual tax filings
- Represent Operations to other groups throughout the firm, such as the Investment Committee and Technology, on topics ranging from liquidity to fund formation to NAV review automation
- Liaise with third-party providers, including administrators, lenders, vendors, and auditors
What you have:
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in operations and fund accounting within the financial sector
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Information Systems, or related field of study
- Strong knowledge of financial statistics, ratios, calculations, and performance concepts
- Strong Excel skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and high standards
- Unquestionable work ethic and initiative
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and confidently in written and verbal communications
- Commitment to improvement
- Team player mentality
- Excellent analytical skills and good judgment
- Preferred Experience:
- Accounting system software implementation, maintenance, enhancements, etc.
- Knowledge of SQL and developing macros
- Production of investor or management reporting and communications
- Relevant product knowledge and sufficient understanding of fund and trade operations
What we do:
The firm was founded in 2002 by senior hedge fund professionals and has become a top industry performer serving a diverse and growing institutional client base. We are a team focused on building a world-class investment company through discipline, analytical rigor, and a results oriented mindset.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits package – fully covered health insurance, generous 401K match, tuition reimbursement program, parental leave, and more
- Work that matters – work with a small team and have a big impact
- Flexible work attire – no formal dress code
- Quality food – catered meals from some of the best restaurants in NYC and fully stocked kitchen
- Great teammates – people with discipline, creativity, intellectual curiosity, and a sense of humor
- Exciting culture – analytical, open, collaborative, and collegial
Magnitude Capital, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are a California resident, please refer to the Privacy Notices below for information relating to the California Consumer Privacy Act.