Become Part of the Magnitude Team
Magnitude Capital is a dynamic multi-billion dollar alternative investment firm in midtown Manhattan. We are looking for a junior developer to assist with the design, development, and support of business-critical applications. You will join the Technology team and collaborate with the Investing, Operations, and Investor Relations teams. This is a great opportunity for you to build your programming skillset and learn from experienced technology professionals.
What you will do:
- Play a key role in the development and maintenance of internal software applications for data entry, portfolio and risk management, operations, investor reporting, and marketing
- Manage daily data ingestion and data quality processes
- Develop applications and reports in Salesforce and Power BI
- Support integration of 3rd party applications and APIs (e.g. Salesforce, Bloomberg)
- Support various Excel applications (e.g. debugging VBA and complex formulas)
What you have:
- 0-2 years of experience using C#, Java, C++, SQL, or Python (school projects are sufficient)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Ability to think analytically and solve problems logically
- Service-oriented mindset – anticipate needs and respond in a timely and courteous manner
- Preferred experience, but not required:
- Hands-on experience with an Object-Oriented Programing
- Statistics and finance knowledge
What we do:
The firm was founded in 2002 by senior hedge fund professionals and has become a top industry performer serving a diverse and growing institutional client base. We are a forty-something person team focused on building a world-class investment company through discipline, analytical rigor, and a results-oriented mindset.
What we have:
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits package - fully covered health insurance, generous 401K match, tuition reimbursement program, parental leave, and more
- Work that matters - work with a small team and have a big impact
- Flexible work attire - no formal dress code
- Quality food - catered meals from some of the best restaurants in NYC and fully stocked kitchen
- Great teammates - people with discipline, creativity, intellectual curiosity, and a sense of humor
- Exciting culture - analytical, open, collaborative, and collegial
Magnitude Capital, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are a California resident, please refer to the Privacy Notices on our website for information relating to the California Consumer Privacy Act.