Become Part of the Magnitude Team
Magnitude Capital is a dynamic multi-billion dollar alternative investment firm in midtown Manhattan. We are looking for an experienced Office Manager to become a key member of our team, helping ensure cultural and commercial priorities are consistently met across the firm. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who can balance planning a “lasagna- palooza” while overseeing an HVAC maintenance and ensuring the latest marketing materials are updated just-so at the same time. If you love scouring reviews for the perfect next event venue, and you can’t bear a dishwasher being loaded incorrectly (there is a right way…), we would love to talk to you.
What you will do:
- Responsible for all office administration and facilities, including management of the Administration team. This includes coordination and prioritization of team administrative responsibilities such as travel, calendar management, and marketing material preparation. It also includes office upkeep, catering, inventory management, and turning the mundane into something special.
- Oversight and management of all onsite and offsite company events as well as corporate gift research and execution.
- Liaising with building management on various building and office-related issues such as office maintenance, requests, and repairs.
- Oversight of office equipment, company cell phones, appliances, and furniture in addition to monitoring of all maintenance, service agreements, and warranties.
- Management of all office vendor relationships including sourcing, researching, and recommending vendors and negotiating contracts.
- Managing procedures for hard copy records retention and ensuring effective transfer and destruction of files and records.
- Key participant in Business Continuity Planning and emergency response plans.
What you have:
- Management experience: of people, processes, and projects. You make them all better through your great attitude, exceptional attention to detail, organizational skills, and enthusiasm.
- Unflappable nature and mindset of charitable assumption. You present yourself with aplomb and supreme patience.
- Strong excellence reflex. You have an innate need to fix something that isn’t right or improve something that could be better. Conscientiousness and proactivity beyond the norm.
- Master juggling skills. You easily manage several processes and projects at the same time, with a no-task-too-small approach. Strong analytical skills and judgement; strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Equal parts quarterback and coach. Team player and player-coach mentality; understanding that extensive collaboration yields better results than going it alone.
- Been there, done that. Experience as an office manager or EA preferred.
What we do:
The firm was founded in 2002 by senior hedge fund professionals and has become a top industry performer serving a diverse and growing institutional client base. We are a team focused on building a world-class investment firm through discipline, analytical rigor and a results-oriented mindset.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits package – fully covered health insurance, generous 401K match, tuition reimbursement program, parental leave, and more
- Work that matters – work with a small team and have a big impact
- Flexible work attire - no formal dress code
- Quality food - catered meals from some of the best restaurants in NYC and fully stocked kitchen
- Great teammates – people with discipline, creativity, intellectual curiosity, and a sense of humor
- Exciting culture – analytical, open, collaborative, and collegial
Magnitude Capital, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.